seeking relatives of a charles herman born 1872

seeking relatives of a charles herman born 1872

hi i am seeking relatives of my grandfather charles or karl herman who came to hull england around 1900 and was listed in the 1901and 1911 uk census as living with my grandmother in hull, england I think he must have been interned in england at the start of the 1st world war and probably died shortly after, any information regarding this would be greatly appreiciated, i believe my great grandmothers name could have been alwina, but of this i can not be sure. best regards alwyne

Karl Herrmann

alwyne anderson schrieb:

hi i am seeking relatives of my grandfather charles or karl herman who came to hull england around 1900 and was listed in the 1901and 1911 uk census as living with my grandmother in hull, england I think he must have been interned in england at the start of the 1st world war and probably died shortly after, any information regarding this would be greatly appreiciated, i believe my great grandmothers name could have been alwina, but of this i can not be sure.
      Guten Tag, Alwyne,

so your grandparents obviously got married before 1901. Maybe they married in Hull. So it is worth trying to get their marriage licence from the Civil Registry in Hull in order to find out what their original names were, when and where they were born. No idea if British documents also mention the names of the parents.
      Any idea if your grandmother "Alwine" (very popular girl's name in the 19th century in Germany) came from Germany, too, or was she British?
      I wonder if you do not have access to your parents' documents, e.g. marriage, birth or death certificate? They should give some information on their parents, etc. What about obituaries?
      It is really necessary to have more information for a further research. By the way, your grandfather's original name must have been Karl HERRMANN, and he changed it after his arrival in England.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you with your further research.

Willi
      [size=10][b][color=#0000ff][/color][/b]

[/size]
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher

Anzeigen:
    Wappenstiftung / Wappensuche