SEARCH: GOTTFRIED LUDVIG THYM

SEARCH: GOTTFRIED LUDVIG THYM

Search:
      Gottfried Ludwig Thÿm was a "Feldscher" or a "Wundarzt". He must have been German, as I think that he was educated in Germany!

He was first registred as a "Wundarzt" in Denmark in the year of 1702 in the town of Aalborg, Aalborg National Inf. Regiment - and he served the Danish King for the rest of his life...

He was a noble man - and his coat of arms (Wabbenschild) is in gold and blue picturing a sinister of gold and a blue horn of Wesel.

Does anybody - anywhere knows anything about his birthplace or his parents/family?

There is a line of the family in the German town of Wesel - a Mr. Balthasar Thymen and his son Winand Thymen in year 1705, but I cannot find the direct connection between the gentlemen... and they do not have the same "Wabbenschild".....

I do need all the help I can get in this matter!

Thank you......
      Nina Sophie Thyme Mögelberg

RE: SEARCH: GOTTFRIED LUDVIG THYM

Hello Nina,

a family of German nobility was also known in Danmark in the 17th century, called "von Thümen".

I will give some examples from an "Adels-Lexicon" of 1740:

- Christian Wilhelm von Thümen was Royal Danish "Ober-Land-Fisch-Meister", he lived still in 18th century, one of his sons was

- Christoph Ludewig von Thümen died 1660 as a Royal Swedish "Rittmeister"; the son of his brother was

- Johann Ludewig von Thümen, Royal Danish "Obrist-Wachtmeister" and "Cammer-Juncker"

Perhaps one of them had a son with a normal Danish wife, who became a military doctor and got a new "Wappen" by the Danish King?

Because these family in Germany has another coat of arms or "Wappen", as You descriped, from Red and White with a red Rose in the white Part; and also they had always been written with the titulation "von" in the surname, which is a little bit different but in 18th century also written "Thiemen".

Best regards, Jens, Wildenfels/Saxony
      ARMA VIRVMQVE CANO

Hi Jens, Wildenfels/Saxony

Thank you for your great reply to my outstanding question.

Yes, the von Thümen family from Stangenhagen, Schönhagen and Blankensee outside Berlin ... but I cannot find the connection - even though a family member of mine had some correspondence with the Museum in Blankensee about the subject...

However your theory as to Johann Ludewig von Thümen, Royal Danish "Obrist-Wachtmeister" and "Cammer-Juncker" CAN maybe a trail to look into.. I shall try that! Johann Ludewig's generation fits as to the approx. birth year of Gottfried Ludvig Thÿm!

Best regards
      Nina Sophie T.M.

Hi Jens, Wildenfels/Saxony
      I am so grateful to you for coming up with new ideas - and of course I will try the two addresses you gave me - thank you.

Today, I tried to find the three gentlemen von Thümen warious places on the net. However, nothing showed up so far...

Jens, what was the name of the lexicon in which you found the first pieces of information as to von Thümen? Then I shall try to get hold on it at the library in DK.

Another person, who I look for is Wilhelm Schmidt (Wundarzt) born 12. June 1636 - in Germany. This gentleman is the father-in-law to Gottfried Ludvig Thym. ... So, should you find him "on your way" through books of any kind, that would mean a lot me. I have been looking for these two gentlemen for years!

Thank you for your most kind help.
      Nina Sophie T.M.

Hello Nina,
      you can take a look to following pages:
      yasni.de/index.php?name=thuemen&text=Berlin
      yasni.de/index.php?action=search&search=1&sh=&name=Thym
      ...maybe you search also for other variations of these name:
      yasni.de/index.php?action=search

vonthuemen.de/

And at the bottom of these page you will find some literature sources about v. Thümen:
      de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Th%C3%BCmen

Maybe the other Jens from Saxony can help you! ;)
      Good luck and best regards,
      Jens

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Jensus“ ()

Hi Jensus
      Oh - yes! I did not see it was you... sometimes I am too fast for own good... My deepest apology to you ;)
      Well, I used the the links you wrote about and the Adelsforschung mailed me this morning... they did not have the data. They referred me to the National Archive in Copenhagen under a writer HIRSCH. Meanwhile, I do already have a copy of Hirsch... and it does not contain the wanted birth dates/-place... so I wrote, that I should appreciate any information when ever they migth find it...

With my greatest appreciation for your new written links - I shall try that asap.
      Thank you for your kind help in this matter.
      Nina Sophie T.M.

Hi Jens

It is quite sometime since you wrote me... :)

I am still looking for the parents of Gottfried Ludvig Thÿm... Could you pls give me the name and the number of the book from 1740 you were writing about?
      Thank you in advance
      Nina Sophie T.M.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Nina Sophie Mögelberg“ ()

• Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher

Links und Anzeigen:        Familienwappen erstellen lassen       Ahnentafeln       Biografien & Erinnerungen (bei Amazon.de)

Wappenstiftung / Wappensuche