Stransky von Stranka und Greifenfels

RE: Stransky von Stranka und Greifenfels

Hallo,
      Kaiser Leopold I. verlieh Martin Karl Stansky von Stranka am 4. Juli 1682 den Reichsritterstand. Dessen Söhne Johann Jakob und Martin Josef erhielten am 28. September 1734 von Kaiser Karl VI. eine Bestätigung und den böhmischen Ritterstand. Der Urenkel Johann Jakob Franz Stransky von Stranka und Greyffenfels wurde am 26. Oktober 1819 in die bayerische Adelsmatrik eingetragen.
      Näheres können sicher sagen:
      Rosalie Freifrau Stansky von Stranka und Greifenfels, Westendstr. 15, 80339 München.
      Arthur Freiherr von Stransky-Greifenfels, Königsberger Str. 21, 31582 Nienburg/Weser.
      Mit freundlichen Grüßen
      Friedhard Pfeiffer

Hallo!
      Mich würden Informationen über diesen Namen auch sehr interessieren.
      Meine Großmutter und Taufpatin hieß Magdalene von Stransky Stranka und Greiffenfels, da sie (meines Wissens nach) mit einem Wilhelm Lorenz Alfred Edmund Frhr. von Stransky verheiratet war. Leider kann mir dazu niemand mehr etwas sagen. Ich bin auch im Besitz einer kleinen Abbildung eines Wappens, das wahrscheinlich das Familienwappen eines Ritter von Stransky-Greiffenfels darstellt (Farben sind Blau/Gelb zwei Ritter zwei Greife).
      Habe leider garkeine Ahnung, aber bin interessiert, etwas darüber zu erfahren.....................

Hello Andreas,
      there was in exist very famous czech (bohemian) writer (in the time about 30 years war) named Pavel Stransky von Zap and Zapska Stranka. He was author of good historical work"De res publica Bohemorum".(+ -) He was expulsed from the country by anti reformationem catholics after battle of Bila Hora 8.11.1620.
      There is still inexist small village Stranska about 10 km east from Prague, Zapy, a little bigger village, as well.

Georg Stransky

Hello,

I just discovered this website while looking for a familly crest since I am one of the descedants of the famous Stransky von Stranka und Greifenfels.

Is anyone able of orienting or sending me the familly crest?

I would most grateful if this could happen.

besides this, I am also looking for any information on the other branch of my familly : von Kirchtrau. I know of a very interesting book (i have the photocopies) "Bôhmische und Mährische Bischöffe" but I cannot find it. Does anyone have info on this familly or knos where I could buy this book talking about my ancestors?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Moin

Mich würde auch weiteres zu diesem namen interessieren, da meine großmutter auch so heisst. Soweit ich weiss war ein Lorenz Roderich von Stransky Stranka und Greiffenfels auch beim sturm auf die feldherrnhalle am 9.11.1923 dabei und ist dabei umgekommen, weshalb er während der ns zeit dort begraben lag und am 9. 11 ihm und den anderen opfer dieses tages gedacht wurde. allerdings wird heir greiffenfels mit 2 F geschrieben, was mich etwas wundert. Ich habe auf gehört, dass der name greiffenfels bzw. greifenfels vom einer burg irgendwo in österreich stammt.

ich würde mich freuen, wenn noch jemand mehr zu diesem thema sagen kann

Grüsse
      Brandy

Hi Brandy,

thank you for your answer, I will certainlay wait with pleasure for a few days.

From what I've read in your previous message (German is not my best language but I understand most) you are also a descendant of the Stransky familly; I managed to draw my famillytree back to 1648 when Jacobus Stransky appears first.

Recently, I have been in contact with a Czech genealogist who gave me a lot of useful information on the origin of the title Stransky von Greiffenfels.
      Regarding your question, indeed, I have found it written also with one "f" or two.

Thanks for your contact, it is great for me to learn more about the family.
      Please keep in touch so we can exchange on that subject,

D.Kopecky

hi daniel kopecky!!!

I have already send a family crest to you by e-mail !!!!

And on my family tree Martin Karl is th e first mentioned person. He´s born around 1640 and he was a captain in the "Pachonhagischen Dragoner Regiment" (i couldn´t translate it) and took part in the Turks Wars (is it th e right word?).Around 1675 there is mentioned a man named Johann Jacob (maybe he´s the Jacobus you mean?!) and he was married with Catharina Theresia von Rosenwald. He was also a captain in the austrian army.

grüsse
      Brandy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Brandy“ ()

Hello Brandy,

thank you for your answer but I haven't received anything in my mailbox from you. could you please send it back to : dan_malaysia@hotmail.com
      I would be very grateful.

For the onfortmation you have also given me about your ancestors, it is very interesting. I guess Jacobus and Jacob could/should be the same persons.
      Unfortunately, I am away for four months in a foreign land so I don't have direct access to my original family tree so it is quite difficult to check.
      I will keep you informed as soon as I get back and maybe, I can provide you with some other branches of the Stransky familly...

I will look into the other names you are giving in your mail. Thanks again,

D.Kopecky

daniel kopecky schrieb:

Hello,

I just discovered this website while looking for a familly crest since I am one of the descedants of the famous Stransky von Stranka und Greifenfels.

besides this, I am also looking for any information on the other branch of my familly : von Kirchtrau. I know of a very interesting book (i have the photocopies) "Bôhmische und Mährische Bischöffe" but I cannot find it. Does anyone have info on this familly or knos where I could buy this book talking about my ancestors?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

daniel kopecky schrieb:

Hello,

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Charles Stranski

Hi
      Tried posting
      yesterday but failed. I don't speak German; must of picked the wrong
      buttons.

My Grandfather
      Hermann Stransky von Stranka und Greifenfel born 1896 who had brothers (one who I
      believe went to Argentina )
      My Father was Ted Stranski ( only child)
      I'm Charles Stranski (brother to Valarie).

If you are related to Hermann love to hear from you.

For those wanting a copy
      of the coat of arms I have one and a signet ring thus engraved, from
      my grandfather.
      Hello Charles,

I have been away very long (too long) from this website. I have started again my genealogy searches and got in contact with some unknown family members from Germany and Sweden.
      I'm working on a family tree right now and if you're interested, I can invite you to join. Just send me your e-mail adress.

I would be very much interested of a copy of your engraved ring if possible.

Where are you from? US?

Dan
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher

Links und Anzeigen:        Familienwappen erstellen lassen       Ahnentafeln       Biografien & Erinnerungen (bei Amazon.de)

Wappenstiftung / Wappensuche